NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.net mixed mode

Does TestStand support mixed mode .Net assemblies?  I have a few pure ones but I just created a mixed mode one and when I try to create an action with it, TestStand just bombs right when I use the file selection dialog and select the assy.   I am going to create a pure assy overtop the mixed one, but I suspect that it has to do with assembly enumeration since dependency view shows the C++ class Dll that I wrap in the mixed mode assy.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,111 Views)
Hi DirtyD,

Although there are no specific references to "mixed" .NET assembly usage within TestStand in any of the reference manuals - we tried it on our end and had no problems.
Would it be possible for you to post a small example mixed .NET assembly that isn't working for you that we could try?
Also, what version of TestStand are you currently using and what version of Windows is on your system?

Thanks DirtyD.
Dan Weiland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,087 Views)
Using Windows XP SP2 and TS 3.5.  Attached is the SIRCSDNA mixed mode lib that is giving TS fits and its dependencies.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,065 Views)
Hey DirtyD,

I opened up the assembly from SIRCSDNA.dll and ran the constructor and then the method AutoConnect() from a TS step.  It seemed to work just fine.

Is there anything that I'm missing that creates problems for you?
Thanks,

Andy McRorie
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,034 Views)

Hi Andy,

You made it further than I did.  I rebooted and retried to load the assembly and still the same result, TS closes after specifying that assy.  But it answers my question that I did not have to create a pure .net assy.  Must just be something with my machine. Thank you for checking this all out.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,013 Views)