NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multytheading

Hi,
I try to work in parallel mode with 3 UUT.
When step with the Synchronization "One thread only" and post actions " Terminate All "is failed. Only first thread is go to Cleanup, but second and third continue work in main sequince. Please help me to stop all the threads and terminate execution if this step (one thread only) is failed.
 Tanks a lot
Valery
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,172 Views)

One thread Only is a batch option, so you must using the batch model or it will have no effect.

Failures do not automatically propagate to all sockets because UUTs fail independently.  You would have to add steps to force this to happen using a global, a notification, or some other type of cross execution flag or signal.

However, if your step generates an error instead of failing, the error will automatically propagate to all threads when the first thread leaves the batch section. Make sure the step that exits the batch section is in the cleanup group so it will execute despite the error.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,161 Views)
Hello
I use Batch model, as you say
Can you help me and discribe more the options I have, to solve my problem. Where I can define global or notification ? And so all

Many thanks to you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,142 Views)
A global could be a station global variable or a file global variable. If it is a file global, you will need to select Edit>>Sequence File Properties>>General>>Sequence File Globals : All Executions Share Same File Globals so that the separate executions for each test socket share the same file globals. You could also use a global outside of TestStand in your favorite programming language.

You insert station globals in the View>>Station Globals windows. You insert file globals in {sequence file window}>>View <dropdown list>>Sequence File Globals.

The Notification step is found at Insert Step Menu>>Synchronization>>Notification.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,131 Views)
Thank you very much 🐵
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,124 Views)