From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple numeric limit- test order of display in the report

Hi Ray,

I have to use the DLL setting.I think i should change the dll function.

can you help me in this regard?

Will the custom step type help for this issue?

Regards,

Radha R

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,446 Views)

Hi,

I tried using the dll function.But the function (ProcessFlaggedValues) traverse the object continuesly , reads the flag value and updates the report.

I dont know how to change the order of searching. Is there anyother way to achieve this?

regards,

Radha R

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,444 Views)

Hi,

I think you need to modify ProccessFlaggedSingleValue() -> GetNumberAsFormattedString() in c_report.c

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,443 Views)

Hi,

I have attached a TS3.5 example of reordering the result string for a NumericLimitTest.

The attached sequence file contains a sequence called ReorderResultText. (if was originally generated in TS2.0 - therefore no Flow Control step Types).

This takes the output of Add Flagged Values, reorders the text and returns the text to be added to the report.

I have included the PutOneResultInReport sequence as example the sequence ReorderResultText has been implemented.

The reordering is basic, it just takes the Measurement line and places it at the end. But you could change this part to suit your needs. A string array holds each line of the Flagged Result text.

I have done it all in TestStand but you could do something similer in C or LabVIEW and would probably be a bit quicker

The more I looked at the GetFlaggedValuesForReport_Txt(), the more I thought of doing an atternate solution.

Hope this is of some help

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,416 Views)
hi Ray,

Thanks for you reply.. I thought fo doing it in the same way as you explained.I haven't tried yet.I was busy with other activities.Any how thanks,
Now i have an another issue in report display.I want to display my result in the hirarchial order.I'll explain you the scenario..
1.Main sequence-calls-> Subsequence_1.1-calls ->subsequence1.1.1
                                                                                ->Subsequence 1.1.2

-> Subsequence_1.2-calls-> subsequence 1.2.1
                                                                                -> subsequence 1.2.2

I want to display the result in the same way.
1.Main sequence  :                                       Passed
       1.1. Subsequence_1.1                          :Passed
                 1.1.1. subsequence_1.1.1           passed
                 1.1.2. subsequence_1.1.2           passed
       1.2  Subsequence_1.2   :Passed

So I tried with Runstate container to achieve result. I have include a step of statement type before GetStepResult Body-(calls DLL)
In the added step I tried to iterate the container(Runstate.caller..)  ..but I was able to iterate the immediate Runstate.caller .. i was not able to find out the way to iterate below..  can you please tell me the way to do it..

Thanks in advance
Radha R
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,366 Views)

hi Ray..

I found the solution for my previous question.. thanks..

Regards,

Radha

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,359 Views)
Oh Ok,

Maybe if you get the chance you can post your solution.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,353 Views)