NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple numeric limit- test order of display in the report

Hi,

I have a requirement to display the result of the multiple numeric limit test in the reverse order.
ie, Measurement   unit   LoLimit     HighLimit.

Is there any way to do this?  Should I do any change in modelsupport2.prj or I can do this from test stand?

Thanks,
Radha

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(3,875 Views)

Hi,

Is this in the Operator Interface display, In SeqEditor, or the Test Result file?

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(3,858 Views)
Hi,

This is in the report file.

Thanks,
Radha R
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(3,856 Views)

Hi,

You maybe able to do the change by using the Callback Sequence ModifyReportEntry in your sequencefile.

In this sequence you should be able to change the generated string for the order you require.

Otherwise, you will have to modify the actual report sequencefile "reportgen_<txt | html>.seq"

If you are using the XML report format, then you should beable to modify the style sheet for the NumericLimitTest type.

What report format are you using and what version of TestStand?

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(3,855 Views)

hi,

I am using TestStand3.1  and the report file i am generating is .txt format.

Regards,

Radha R

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(3,855 Views)
HI,

i tried to modify the process model function 'AppendFlaggedLabelToReport'.But I was not able to achieve.The reason is, the values are getting appended to the 'reportText' as and when they are retrieved & they are not getting stored in a buffer.I was not able find the way with teststand.What sould i do with 'ModifyReportEntry' or reportgen_txt.seq.
please explain me ..

Thanks and regards,
Radha
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(3,823 Views)

Hi,

are you using on the fly reporting?

regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(3,819 Views)
Yes. I am using on the fly reporting.

Thanks and Regards
Radha
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(3,821 Views)
Hi Radhu,

See this discussion forum post for a solution:
Modify the default report

Also, one can modify modelsupport2.prj (in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.5\Components\NI\Models\TestStandModels) to modify the corresponding .dll. 
Cheers,

David Goldberg
National Instruments
Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(3,795 Views)

Hi,

In the SequenceFile Reportgen_txt.seq is the sequence ProcessOTFStepResult is two steps

Get Step Result Body (DLL) and Get Step Result Body (Sequence).

You call one or the other depending on your ReportOptions settings.

If you have the setting of DLL then making changes is a bit more envolved. Therefore set the setting to Sequence.

So now you would call the Sequence PutOneResultInReport.

The point at which the Measurement, Upper Limit, Lower Limit is obtained is at the step 'Add Flagged Values' but unfortunately its a DLL call which returns the formated text which is stored in Locals.ReportEntry.

So you have a couple of choices, 1) modify the DLL function, of which the source is supplied, 2) Modify the text in Locals.ReportEntry. There is another but I am going to suggest it.

Either way you will need to modify the text before added too it and before you get to the step 'Append Report Text'.

There is another way which is really 2) only at a different point in the sequence. You will notice the step before the Append Report Text is a SequenceCall step called 'Call ModifyReportEntry Callback'.

This step allows you to make changes to the Report entry before it goes to the actual report. As this is a Callback, you can add this Sequence to your SequenceFile, which means you dont actual have to change the ProcessModel, any dll's or the ReportGen_.seq file. This sequence has the variable Parameters.ReportEntry, which is your steps result. You can re format your result text , put it back it to Parameters.ReportEntry before the sequence returns.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(3,792 Views)