NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modify Execution time to Zero seg

Hi Guys.

I have a system with dual well fixture, and the normal process to run it's in "Parallel", but I have some equipment than I need to share for both UUTs, actually the most of the test I need to Share the test equipment,

To do that I'm Usung "Lock/Unlock" functions at the bigining an the end of sequence.

My probles it's that the Execution time is adding the wait time, If I start the fist UUT[0], it get the Test equipment (bacause Lock function), but if I start the UUT[1] (as usual), UUT[1] wait until UUT[0] finish, so the total execution time for UUT[0] it' about 200 seg, but for UUT[1] it's almost the double. and if I start the UUT[0] with UUT[1] testing, ofcourse it need to wait until UUT[1] finish. now all sockets execution times are closer to double of a real execution times.

so my Execution times are unreal.

It's any wait to reset the execution time just passing "Lock" function? or in any other part of the sequence?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,968 Views)

Hi LuisMontoya.

One of the easiest ways to get around this issue would be for you to implement your own time counter and add it to the report. You can do this with a Variable and the Seconds Function in a statement.

Variable=Seconds() to initialize and Variable=Seconds()-Variable to check the elapsed time.

You can add it to the report with an Additional Results step.

I would recommend you to check the "Austo Schedule" examples, as they might help out your testing times, and they implement something similar to what I mention here.

Aldo H
Ingenieria de Aplicaciones
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,911 Views)