NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migrating a 3.1 sequence model to 2013

Solved!
Go to solution

I've an old Teststand sequence validated with 3.1 version but not compatible with 2013 version: It uses a legacy Model Sequence.

I found tips to migrate from 2010 version but not from older ones.

Is there somewhere a guide for that? Is a plugin solution can be used to integrate it with less changes, even it it will be longer at execution time?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,255 Views)

You can switch 2013 to use the legacy models with the legacy model switcher (Startmenu TestStand2013->Tools->Compatibility). That model is still newer than what your code was based on, but should be closer to TestStand 3.1's model.

Is the model you used a modification of the teststand 3.1 model? If so you can probably still use the old model you are using from 3.1, you just need to copy all of the files involved for it to the <TestStandPublic>\Components\Models\TestStandModels directory.

Hope this helps,

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,223 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author R1M

Hello,

I've simply copied the new default sequence to previous name and everything goes now OK.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,163 Views)

Dear , 

I also have this problem when I want to use TestStand 4.2 sequential model in TestStand 2014, there are many breakdowns in the sequential model.

Could you tell me in detail how to solve this ?

Thanks !

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,758 Views)

Dear ,

What's the meaning for "all files involved"?  I also have a TestStand 4.2 sequence model file modified from normal TestStand 4.2 sequential model, and when I use this modified sequence model as my model in TestStand 2014, there are many breakdowns! 

And this modified sequence model only has one  .seq file , so how can I copy "all files involved"? just copy this model file ? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,753 Views)