NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

microsoft visual C++ runtime library

During my most recent install of software at the target, I received this error.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Installer LMdialog.exe

The installation seems to work, even though I get this error.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,923 Views)
I wasn't sure how to add to my previous message, so I have to reply to my own question.

I just wanted to add that I noticed, when I get the error message, the screen behind the popup is saying

Removing backup files
File: C:\Config.Msi\52dba.rbf
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,914 Views)
Hi mrbean,

I've not seen this behavior in the past. What version of Visual Studio are you using, is it 6.0 or .NET? Which Measurement Studio CD were you installing when this happened? Make sure if you are using VC 6.0 that you are installing the support for Visual Studio 6. Also, you mention that you think that it still installed correctly. Are you able to run any of the examples that install with Measurement Studio? As I said, this error is not a common issue, so if things are not working correctly for you, I'd recommend reinstalling the software and repost if you get the same errors and we'll investigate further what might be occuring here. Thanks and have a good one.

Adam B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,885 Views)
I don't install Visual Studio or Measurement Studio at all, unless you mean some type of driver that I was supposed to check when I installed TestStand - that's all I installed at the target. I had to do that because I couldn't get rid of the error I was getting when I deployed at the target. I couldn't actually install because I'd get the error saying “ActiveX control not registered on this computer [Error Code: -145]". But, since it sounds like I might need to re-install, are there any options/drivers that I must check to ensure this problem is not seen.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,878 Views)
Hi Mr. Bean,

I apparently didn't look at the thread I was posting to when I answered your question. I saw C++ and I assumed that you were installing another product I support called Measurement Studio which integrates into C++. Since you are getting this error in TestStand, I would recommend a few things. First, make sure that all anti-virus and/or ad blocking software is disabled. Also, copy the files from the CD on to your hard drive before installing. This usually solves strange install errors like this one. Have you been able to use this CD to install to other computers? If you are still having troubles, please repost and we'll make sure we find out what is going on here. Thanks and have a good one.

Adam B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,824 Views)
When you said "make sure that all anti-virus and/or ad blocking software is disabled. Also, copy the files from the CD on to your hard drive before installing."

Do you mean when I'm installing the TestStand software or when I'm installing the application
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,810 Views)
Hi Mr. Bean,

I assumed that you were installing TestStand from disk, which is why I said to copy the files from the CD. If you are installing a deployment, have you included the TestStand Engine with the deployment or is it simply your sequence files and code modules? If you are not installing the engine, is the engine already installed and activated? Have you installed this deployment successfully on a different machine? Please let me know the overall picture of what is going on here and I'll help you in any way I can. Thanks and have a good one.

Adam B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,807 Views)
The TestStand Engine is part of the install, however, TestStand also had to be installed at the target because I was seeing an ActiveX error that said, “ActiveX control not registered on this computer [Error Code: -145"

It wouldn't go away until I installed TestStand at the target. If you know the answer to that, in other words, a way I don't have to have TestStand installed at the target, let me know. But the main thing I'm fighting right now is the C++ runtime library error.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,803 Views)
The PC that I'm ultimately loading on is in a secure lab and doesn't have anti-virus software on it. So there's nothing to disable.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,761 Views)
Hi Mr. Bean,

I hope you had a wonderfully holiday weekend.  I'm still not sure why this is happening.  What Operating System is on the target machine?  Is there anything else that is different about it?  The LMDialog has to do with NI License Manager.  Have you installed other NI Software on the target which would have installed NI License Manager or is it a clean machine?  Does this happen on multiple machines or just the single one in the lab?  What if you install the deployment right back to the target machine.  Does the install complete successfully?  Can you investigate these questions and report back on any findings so that we can continue to dig into what might be causing this error.  Thanks a lot and have a wonderful day.

Adam B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,662 Views)