cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

master copy typedef not found

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I originally posted this question in LabVIEW forum, but I guess maybe the teststand discussion forum is more suitable, so I am now posting it here.

I have a problem with my typedefine (Teststand UI Data.ctl) in the user interface (derived from the Teststand Simple UI). In the implementation, I was always able to add callbacks to response to Teststand events in the past.

Recently when I try to add a new callback to a Teststand events, I get error saying that the Typedef master copy was not found or contain error. What I find it strange are:

1. If the Typedef master copy was not found or contain error, why would the error not affecting the already implemented callbacks for other Teststand events?

2. If the Typedef master copy was not found or contain error, why is it possible to run the program?

Here I have 2 screen shots. The first screen shot shows the existing callback, where there is no error indicating Typedef master copy not found or error. The second screen shot shows the error when a new callback is added to another event.

The Typedef master copy, call TestStand UI Data.ctl is also shown in the 1 screen shot, and it is located in the TestExec.llb, as shown in the third screen shot.

I am not quite sure how to begin debugging this problem, that's why I hope the teststand experts out there can give me some pointers.

I am using LabVIEW 2014 32 bits and Teststand 2014 32 bits. Running on Windows 7 system.

Thanks.

Yours sincerely

hlim

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,157 Views)

Here is the source code (not complete, only the UI part) for anyone who would like to see. See the 'Register event callback' case in the TestESystemUI.vi, which is located in the TestESystem.lvlib.

yours sincerely,

hlim

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,155 Views)
Solution
Accepted by hlim

The simpliest solution to the problem is to open up the broken VI. Right click the broken Control and replace with the typedef control.

The reason to why it's broken is because you changed the typedef and the VI wasn't in memory to be updated. The EndEdit Event Callback is looking for a TestStandUI Data.ctl. However, that file no longer exists (thus your error) According to the other VIs, you renamed it to TestESystemUI Dependencies.lvlib:TestStandUI Data.ctl.  Be sure to have your files loaded in memory before renaming/changing a VI location.  Easiest way is to have all related VIs as part of the project  EndEdit wasn't

Certified-LabVIEW-Architect_rgb.jpgCertified_TestStand_Architect_rgb.jpg

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Bernard Books

Message 3 of 6
(4,139 Views)

This behavior is a known issue with LabVIEW currently being tracked under ID# 507255. This behavior occurs when using the Create Callback VI function with the User Parameter set as a TypeDef stored in a LabVIEW Library in the project. The suggested workaround is as bsvare described: replace the broken control with the TypeDef.

Steven Gloor
Staff Customer Engineer - CTA, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,129 Views)

Hello bsvare,

so you mean I rename the VI without using the LabVIEW project explorer, but directly changing the name of the file (so the vi was not in memory). Understood. That was a while ago when I rename the VI to something more meaningful and it was very possible that I rename the file without using LabVIEW project explorer. Something I learned from you again. Thanks!!

I tried your suggestion by replacing the control typedef and it worked.

yours sincerely,

hlim

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,119 Views)

Hello Gloorious_Lead,

thanks for the information. Nice to know that this issue is been tracked by LabVIEW.

yours sincerely,

hlim

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,117 Views)