NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

locals.resultlist elements, calling sequence information?

Hi,

When post-processing locals.resultlist, each element contains step data.  I don't see a way to get at what the step name of the calling sequence was.  I see a stepID, is there a function to input this to, that would return what the parent sequence is of the given step result?  Or another way?  Seems like there must be a way because the html report has a tiered heirarchy structure, and that is post-processed.  Any info appreciated, thanks

David J.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,815 Views)

David,

i think you have the "hidden properties" still hidden. Please open the Station Options dialog, select the "Preferences" tab and check the "Show Hidden Properties" checkmark.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,799 Views)

Actually that is enabled.  What is it that you would expect me to see?  I see no information as to calling information in the elements of the result list, but I have had things right in front of my face before and swear I didn't see that either.  So I'll take another look, but I'm curious what it is you think I should see, thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,792 Views)

Actually I've realized my error.  It really matters in what context one is looking for this information.

Now my question is, where can I find the resultlist tree for the entire sequence execution, (Process model client and all of its subsequences/steps)?  Is it in runstate.root somewhere?  I'm looking but don't see it.

My mistake was I was looking in locals.resultlist, which only contains information for that sequence.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,787 Views)

David,

You can see all of the results right before MainSequence returns to the process model. So basically the last step of MainSequence in the Cleanup Step Group.  Or you can step back into the model and see it in Locals.ResultList[0].  This will not have anything in it until MainSequence has returned.  In fact, element 0 is the resultlist from MainSequence.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,781 Views)