NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

list of dll functions

Solved!
Go to solution
Hi, I've tried to get list of all functions from current dll. Here is my code: tsErrChkMsgPopup( TS_StepGetModule (StepHandle, &errorInfo,&cviModule)); error = TS_CVIModuleAsCommonCModule (cviModule, &errorInfo, &commonCModule); sprintf(sztemp, "c:\\Temp\\%s", szdll); error = TS_CommonCModuleSetModulePath (commonCModule, &errorInfo, sztemp); error = TS_CVIModuleSetModuleType (commonCModule, &errorInfo, TSConst_CVIModuleType_DLL); error=TS_EngineGetAdapter (EngineHandle,&errorInfo, count,&commonCAdapter); error= TS_CommonCAdapterGetDllFunctions (commonCAdapter, &errorInfo, sztemp, &dll_func); Problem was found in the last row. Direct connection between commonCModule and commonCAdapter was not exist, so I ask from EngineHandle for commonCAdapter, because GetDllFunctions exist only for commonCAdapter. Can you help me with this ? best regards, branar
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,435 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author branar

You do not need a module to get a list of DLL functions. Here's some pseudocode for what you need to do:

CommonCAdapter adapter = Engine.GetAdapterByKeyName(AdapterKeyNames.FlexCVIAdapterKeyName);

DllFunctions functions = adapter.GetDllFunctions(path);

for (int i = 0; i < functions.Count; i++)

{

DllFunction function = functions[i];

string functionName = function.DisplayName;

// Do something with functionName.

}

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,414 Views)

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your answer. I was created similar code in CVI with addition that function parameters (if exist) will be writen in txt file. However, number of parameters, for some reason are bigger for one. If function has only two parameters (testData and testError), still anwer is 3. Here is code for this:

error = TS_EngineGetAdapterByKeyName (EngineHandle, &errorInfo, "C/CVI Flexible Prototype Adapter", &commonCAdapter);
error= TS_CommonCAdapterGetDllFunctions (commonCAdapter, &errorInfo, sztemp, &dll_func);
error = TS_DllFunctionsGetCount (dll_func, &errorInfo, &count);
max=count;
status=0;
i=0;
count1=0;
while (max>0){
CA_VariantSetInt(&itemIndex,status);
error = TS_DllFunctionsGetItem (dll_func, &errorInfo, itemIndex, &dll_func1);
error = TS_DllFunctionGetDisplayName (dll_func1, &errorInfo, &szStepID);
error = TS_DllFunctionGetHasParameterInformation (dll_func1, &errorInfo, &removedfromCache);	
sprintf(buffer,"%s :\n",szStepID);
error = WriteStringToFile (FILE_dll, buffer);
error = TS_CommonCModuleSetFunctionName (commonCModule, &errorInfo,szStepID);
error = TS_ModuleLoadPrototype (commonCModule, &errorInfo, NULL, &removedfromCache);
error = TS_CVIModuleGetParameters (cviModule, &errorInfo, &cviParameters);
error = TS_CVIParametersGetCount (cviParameters, &errorInfo, &count1);
for (i=1;i<count1;i++)
{
CA_VariantSetInt(&itemIndex,i);
error= TS_CVIParametersGetItem (cviParameters, &errorInfo, itemIndex, &cviParameter);
error = TS_CVIParameterAsCommonCParameter (cviParameter, &errorInfo, &commonCParameter);
error = TS_CommonCParameterGetParameterName (commonCParameter, &errorInfo, &szparam_name);
error = TS_CommonCParameterGetDescription (commonCParameter, &errorInfo, &szparam_desc);
sprintf(buffer,"%s, %s\n",szparam_name,szparam_desc);
error = WriteStringToFile (FILE_dll, buffer);
CAFREEOBJ (cviParameter);
CAFREEOBJ (commonCParameter);
}
count1=0;
status++;
max--;
}

best regards,

branar

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,395 Views)

TestStand treats the function return value as a parameter so the collection of CVIParameters will always contain one more item than the number of function parameters. The return value is the first item in the CVIParameters collection.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,388 Views)

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your clarifications.

best regards,

branar

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,371 Views)