NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

limts gathering for LOG step types

OK --

This is really weird, so I'm hoping someone here will have some idea of what is going on and why:

I've got a numeric limit test, and I change it over to LOG comparison type

now, when it runs, if the low/high limits happen to be 0/0, the limits container in the result list is empty

if the low/high limits happen to be 1/0, the limits container in the results list has low/high limits of 1/0

if the low/high limits happen to be 0/2, the limits container in the results list is empty again.

So why is it sometimes deciding to include the high and low limits in the limits container, and sometimes not.  What is so special about 0/0 that it decides not to include it? 

Thanks!!

TS2010sp1

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,997 Views)

I'm not seeing this behavior in 2010. If the comparison type is LOG then no limits are stored, independent of what the greyed out values are on the limits tab.

CTA, CLA, MTFBWY
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,988 Views)

Hi Warren,

Is it possible to post a screenshot of the settings you've selected? I can try to replicate the behavior on my machine here to get a better idea of what's going wrong.

Best,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,963 Views)

Did some more digging --

Turns out it is related to step errors, not the value of the limits themselves (dumb coincidence).

If a LOG step type generates a step error, the limits get included.

If the LOG step type does NOT generate an step error, the limits are excluded.

Why?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,956 Views)

Hey Warren,

I'm still having trouble seeing the behaviour that you're describing. Can you post an example sequence or a screenshot of your step set-up?

Best,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,937 Views)

screen shot:

WeirdLimits1.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,933 Views)

I am not seeing this either (error or no error, with No Comparison the Limits are empty), is this soemthing to do with your Log Step Type or is it just a code module?

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,925 Views)