NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is teststand 2013 compatible with windows 7 embedded standard

Good Day to all.

Im installing a Test Bench with Windows 7 Embedded Standard (WES7).

First I've build my own light ditribution with the proper drivers for the target machine, an industrial core I3 PC, nothing special to say about it. The Bench is a Stand alone machine, not connected to Internet

Then, I run the setup with the proper switches such as /qb /acceptlicenses yes /disableNotificationCheck

All goes wrong after a certain point, I get the Error 2: issues of compability of the operating system with the Licence Manager

Ouch! that hurts since I have at this point no idea what might be the component of WES7 required to insure the compability.

Any idea is welcome or just tell me if WES7 is Yes/no Compatible with TestStand ????

As a matter of fact, 've got the same issue with DaqMx drivers Smiley Mad

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,723 Views)

Hi Xavier,

If you look at this page, you'll see that there is no support for WES7: http://www.ni.com/teststand/product_lifecycle/

It doesn't mean it won't work, just we haven't tested it, and we haven't developed it to work on this OS.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,686 Views)

Thanks Benoit.

Prior to posting here, I had search the web and found this deceptive information about WES7 and TS.

And the best way to crosscheck my foundings was to ask here.Smiley Sad

In  the meantime, I had made some progress and I'd like to share it here.Smiley Very Happy

First of all, I succeeded in installing and running both TestStand 2013 and DAQmx 9.8.

I managed to pack these hefty guys in my distribution of WES7, my DVD is 4.2Gb, the setup of the distribution does it all silently (with all the good switches).

Now the inner secret about WES7: under ICE (the configurator), there are several models of distributions. The trick is to go for the 'Application Compatible' model, strip off some fonctionnaliies to tailor to the need and reduce the foot print size.

Then add the the basic drivers, add an $OEM$ folder that contains all the files expanded out from the EXE installer downloaded from NI website.

A bit of fiddling is required but not much and Voila!Smiley Tongue

I did a few tests on my distribution, all seems to click in all right.

The Test Bench deployed  just boots in 30 secs, TestStand becomes operationnal 5 sec later; ideal.

WES7 is just a subset of Windows 7, what to keep, what to remove is the key question in this light distribution. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,662 Views)