NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing two PCI-MIO-16XE-10 DAQs

I have two PCI-MIO-16XE-10 boards, which work fine independently. I now have put them into the SAME computer, and the Windows XP has successfully found them and installed drivers for them. But when troubleshooting using the NI Measurement&Automation program, neither card is working anymore. The self-test fails, and the error message does not explain why. How can I use both DAQs together in the same computer?

thanks,
SAK
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,574 Views)

Hi SAK-

There should be no problem with using both cards in your system.  A few things to check are:

1. Make sure that NI-DAQmx and Traditional NI-DAQ are not trying to access the board at the same time.  If you use the board with Traditional NI-DAQ you will need to reset the Traditional NI-DAQ driver before using the board with NI-DAQmx again.
  2. Make sure that you have administrative rights on the PC you're using or the driver may not function properly.
  3. Make sure that no other applications are currently accessing the boards- the driver will lock out access when the board is currently in use by another application.
  4. You can further troubleshoot the issue by removing all other PCI cards from the system to try and identify the problem as a resource conflict between your DAQ boards and any other peripherals installed on the system.

Hopefully this helps-

Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,563 Views)