NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

including step index in seq file documentation and reports

This works fine for including the step number in the viewer window but how do I get the step number to print out in things like tools>sequence file documentation?

(Step.StepGroup == 0)?(Step.StepIndex):(Step.StepGroup == 1)?(RunState.Sequence.Setup.GetNumElements() + Step.StepIndex):(RunState.Sequence.Setup.GetNumElements() + RunState.Sequence.Main.GetNumElements() + Step.StepIndex)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,034 Views)

Hi id,

Unfortunately the settings in the Sequence File Documentation are fixed, and likely cannot be altered.  You can, however, include the step number in a variable or in a comment in a step, which will show up in the documentation.

Andy G
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,001 Views)

Any idea what the expression operators were on my prior question before they inserted smiley faces in it?  I lost this expression and need to retrieve it...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,481 Views)

@id wrote:

Any idea what the expression operators were on my prior question before they inserted smiley faces in it?  I lost this expression and need to retrieve it...

HAHA.... I hate it when it does that.  In your case you can replace the smiley faces with a : and ( together.  😞 = : ( without the space

(Step.StepGroup == 0)?(Step.StepIndex): (Step.StepGroup == 1)?(RunState.Sequence.Setup.GetNumElements() + Step.StepIndex): (RunState.Sequence.Setup.GetNumElements() + RunState.Sequence.Main.GetNumElements() + Step.StepIndex)

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,475 Views)