From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ignore timeout error and let step fail

I have a step in a Teststand sequence that tests serial communication.  If serial communication is not established, Teststand triggers a run-time error (timeout error) and the sequence pauses/breaks.  All of this is so far expected/default behaviour.  

I would like to be able to ignore this specific run-time error, but still show the result of the test step in the report (the step will of course fail if communication was never established and the correct message was not recieved).  From what I can tell, if I check the "ignore run-time errors" box in the module tab, the entire step is omitted from the report when a error occurs.  Also worth noting is that we require on-the-fly reporting to be enabled, so any changes to the status of the step must be done in real-time, and not after the step completes.  

Please advise.  Thanks.

GSinMN    

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,012 Views)

Hi GSinMN,

You'll want to keep "ignore run-time errors" on if you don't want TestStand to halt the sequence in this condition. It will actually record the step in the report but will mark it's result as "error" instead of fail. If you want to change this you could use a post-expression in the step settings to set the step's result to failure.

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,989 Views)