NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i want to show banner for test result on top of my screen like a lamp? How can i do it

Hi. I want to run batch parallel test and when test running, i want to run a VI which is the show test result. It shows testing,pass,fail like a lamp. Can ı do it? Is it possible.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,029 Views)

I'm confused by the term "like a lamp".  Can you post a picture of exactly which kind of lamp you are talking about?

Anything is possible in TestStand... 🙂  However, for your particular case I would need more detail before I can make suggestions about how to accomplish it.

when do you want the VI to appear?  How is your test going to communicate results to it? UIMessages?  Why not make it part of the UI in that case?  Oh wait... the UI already does this.  Is it that you want the UI to look differently than it currently does?

Anyhow, more detail would definitely help in getting you the right solution.

Thanks,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,014 Views)

🙂 When ı run the system, ı run a VI at same time. I want to show test result this VI. I add screen and this show what ı want to do.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,009 Views)

Boy I really don't know where to start here.  I think I kind of understand better what you want.

First of all it seems like you just need to use the User Interface that ships with TestStand.  The advanced one has a column on the left that will display the status of each socket.  It is almost the colors that you asked for.  It has additional icons as well (such as finished, terminated, etc..).

If you don't like the look of that then it makes sense to put what you want into a custom UI.  Basically, you will need to use UI Messages to communicate back and forth between your UI and the engine to know the status of each socket.

If that is still not an option then here are a few things to consider:

At what point in the execution do you want the GUI to display?

How will you get information back and forth?  You can pass the sequence context in and then monitor.  Or you can use UI Messages.  Or you can use the API (not recommended).  Or you can use queues.  Or you can use notifiers.  Or you can use global variables.  There are hundreds of options here.
How will you close the asynchronous VI?  Again many options for this.

Pick your poison.  Once you do I can direct you to information that can help you get started.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,000 Views)