NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to solve teststand labview I issues(String not found in the langurage resource file)

Hi I've been having a lot of trouble with running Teststand sequence in Labview UI recently. I wonder if anyone can give me some tips.

Problem NO.1:

Recently I managed to run a Teststand sequence file i wrote in Labview UI simple, but when I made a new excution entry point in the sequence file i found that the Labview will prompt me to find the "modelSupport.seq". I later on found out that there seems to be two subtlely different file paths that Teststand seem to look for files from - "C:\Program Files(x86)\National Instruments\TestStand 2014..." and "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 2014..." I think there was once Teststand 32 bits loaded in my PC but later on it was uninstalled (However not completely), therefore left some of the folders remaining. I think the 32 bits Teststand must have created the folders in the "Program Files(x86)", correct me if I'm wrong. I now work with 64 bits Teststand, and it has given me a lot of trouble because I think Labview is been constantly trying to use the 32 bits Teststand paths.

My question is: Would it work better if I removed all the 32 bits Teststand files and folders? (And how? I no longer have the uninstaller of Teststand 32 bits in the computer) Or is it probablly better if I just keep on adding files into neccessary folders so the Labview simple user interface can find what it needs?

(Since I have two problems which are quite possibly related, I'm just going to ask them both here. 🐵

Problem 2: To solve some of the problem 1 above I copied the folder "models" folder from my other work computer with both Teststand 32 bits and 64 bits installed. I copied it from this folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\TestStand 2014\Components" and put it in the same directory in my office computer. it would no longer prompt me to find "modelSupport.seq".

I now have disovered when running the Labview UI simple, the execution entry point buttons (exept run main sequence button) and the report file would display "String not found in the langurage resource files" instead of normal text. (Please see the attached for pictures, both the file paths and report file with the strange text)

Does anyone have a clue what's going on in my Teststand? Would reinstal teststand and only keeping Teststand 64 bit fix the problem? Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,105 Views)

Hi,

Error 1 -- I feel there is some mixup between 32 and 64 bit components.

Error 2 - The UI is looking for some ini files which is missing ( probably the 32 bit ones...which it shoud not).

C:\Program Files -- contains components for 64 bit TestStand (for a 64 bit OS).

C:\Program Files (86) -- is for 32 bit applications (for a 64 bit OS).

Probably the 64 bit UI is accessing the 32 bit components.

You can try the following :

Uninstall everything.

Install only the 64 bit LV and 64 bit TestStand.

Run the 64 bit UI -- "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 2014\UserInterfaces"

This should work.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,079 Views)

Hi thanks for the advice. However i no longer have the uninstaller for the NI teststand 32 bits, should I manually delete the related folders? I fear this could be a little dangerous as I could I delete things i shouldn't.

Our company somehow did not have 64 bits Labview licencse, but does Teststand 64 bits have to work with Labview 64 bits to be error free? Does 32 bit Labview by default use 32 bit teststand engine?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,066 Views)

Hi,

You dont need LabView 64 to just run a test sequence ( I wrongly assumed you were using LV 64 for development of VIs on that machine).

The 32 bit UI  (c:\program files(86)\..user interface) uses the 32 bit TestStand engine to run.

The 64 bit UI( c:\program files(86) ....user intefaace) uses the 64 bit TesStand engine to run.

Few questions :

Did you try running your test sequence from the 64 bit sequence editor itself? (NI-TestStand 64 bit).

Did you check running the UI (testexec.exe) from the 64 bit TS folder i.e. C:\Program Files\National Instruments\...user interface.

There are other exe ( VC,C#). Please try that also.

If that does not work then :

1) Repair TestStand 64 bit.

Restart machine.

Run the UI  from C:\Program Files\National Instruments\...?

else

You can uninstall the 64 bit TestStand.

Delete folders from the public directories

C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments

Delete the TS 32 bit files that you had copied.

Reinstall the TestStand 64 and run the UI from the C:\Program Files\National Instruments\... location.

Hope this helps.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,058 Views)