From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to replace BUUT_GetNextUUTs with a vi?

I am using a custom OI for running a burn in test (batch mode)

I would like to write a vi to get the serial numbers and whether or not the slots are enabled

I believe the model uses

PreBatch

Tell Dialog To Get Next UUTs 

BUUT_GetNextUUTs

for this purpose

the main problem is that BUUT_GetNextUUTs is not model to the OI and keeps getting stuck behind my OI front panel

if I write a vi to do this I can make it model to the vi

it appears that the modelsupport2.dll interfaces with Parameters.ModelData.DialogHandle

is there a way to do this with a vi?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,738 Views)

You can override the PreBatch callback in your test sequence.

Replace the "Tell Dialog To Get Next UUTs" step with the step which calls your custom vi.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,713 Views)

I am aware of which callback to override, I do not know how to return the information back to TestStand

If there was a cluster call NI_BatchModelData that could be passed back to TestStand from a vi, then  I could use that

I think trying to create this cluster from scratch would be difficult, time consuming, and error prone

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,689 Views)

I think I found a solution

I don’t think I need to change all of the ModelData so I can use an approach like this

modeldata.png

I wrote a vi that has all the serialnumbers as well as the continue test boolean

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,684 Views)