NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make a callback to be executed between PreUUTLoop and PreUUT?

I am building a model in Teststand, which will be a base of any client sequence file, I expect some of callbacks in the model to be executed between PreUUTLoop and PreUUT, how  can I do it?

Thanks
Jacky
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,770 Views)

Jacky,

You can make as many callbacks as you like execute between the PreUUTLoop and PreUUT callbacks.  Just as an example, here is how I would insert a new callback a modification of the Sequential Model:

- Copy over the <TestStand>\Components\NI\Models directory to <TestStand>\Components\User\Models directory.

- Open the SequentialModel.seq found in the User\Models Directory

- Go to 'All Sequences' under the view dropdown.  Right click, and select Insert Sequence.

- Rename the sequence to whatever name you would like.  Right click on this newly created sequence, and go to Properties...  Click the Model Tab, and select Model under the dropdown box.  You have now created a model callback.  The only thing left to do is insert it into the "TestUUT" and/or "SinglePass" execution sequences. 

- In the view dropdown box, select the TestUUT execution sequence.   You'll notice that quite a few subsequence calls and statements are already used between PreUUTLoop and PreUUT.  Note the "Next UUT" Label.  If you would like to have a callback run only once, before the start of the UUTLoop, you'll need to insert the sequence call before this label.  Otherwise, you can insert the sequence call after the label.  For this example, lets insert a sequence call before the NextUUT label.  Right click on PreUUTLoop Callback step, and select Insert Step >>Sequence Call. 

-Go to specify module under this sequence step.  Select the current file checkbox, and choose your newly create model callback  from the dropdown list.

At this point, you've inserted a model callback between PreUUTLoop and PreUUT.

Chapter 10 of the TestStand reference manual should provide you with a lot of information on modifying the process model.  Make sure to take a look at it.

Let me know if you need any other help.  Have a great day!

Andrew W || Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,744 Views)