From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to load a VBscript in a teststand step/sequence

I have a VBscript that creates a COM instance of an object and then accesses several methods of that object. I need this to be done as a teststand step. Teststand does not allow me to use a .vbs file as input/source in any of the operator interfaces. Any suggestions how I can get this done?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,028 Views)
Hi Anuj

One possible way to do this is to use the Microsoft Script Control. From TestStand, use the ActiveX/COM Adapter with an Action step type. Right-click on the step and select "Specify Module...". In the automation field, you can select "Microsoft Script Control 1.0". There should also be a help file for this program located in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSSCRIPT.HLP that should help get you started.

Russell G.
NI Applications Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,005 Views)
Note that if you are just creating a COM object and calling a few methods and properties, you can do that easily and directly with Action steps using the ActiveX/COM Adapter. No script control should be necessary unless you are trying to reuse a long existing script.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,003 Views)