NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to invoke the Client Sequence Clearup process in the SequencialModel?

Hi,

I want to know how to directly call the Client Sequence Clearup in the SequencialModel?
I don't wait to modify the main squence files, because many of the clearups in sequence files are different. I want realize it by modifying SequencialModel file.

there are the problem I suffered:
I have added the some process in clearup like close port, close com, but when I terminate the program, clearup not be executed, I need to modify the SequentialMode to realize that it will jump to the Client main sequence to execute the clearup first when I terminate the process, then execute the other clear process in the sequencialmodel process.

please help,
thanks,
Ivan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,303 Views)

Hi,

I also faced the same problem in my project. I am not sure whether there are any direct methods, but i achieved it through a round about method.

1. Create a Boolean station global

2. Set it to True when you exit the client sequence – as a Last Step in the client sequence clean up tab

3. Modify the process model to continue the clean up only after the Boolean value is True - may be this should be the first step in the process model's clean up tab

4. Don’t forget to initialize the Boolean (Set to false) when starting the test

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Sasi

Message 2 of 5
(3,293 Views)
Hi, Sasi,

Thanks for your kind help.

Have you ever asked some experts in NI company for help? I think there must be direct methods but can not be found with us. I have asked NI engineer in our country, they also dont know.

Thanks,
Ivan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,276 Views)

Hi Ivan,

In the ProcessModels sequencefile there is a ProcessCleanup sequence that you can override in your sequencefile to ensure that a particular cleanup is performed.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,271 Views)

Thanks for your kind help,

Ivan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,252 Views)