From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to input a numeric only in UUT serial number dialog

How to input a numeric only in UUT serial number dialog,
and when I execuit the sequence, if some step error and I check the ignore,the final result dialog box also display pass, how to modify a specify UUT model for me ?

帖子被alexzheng在06-13-2006 08:29 PM时编辑过了

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,868 Views)

Everything is geared up to having the UUT Serial Number as a string rather than a numeric.  The Process Model (Sequential) Locals.UUT.SerialNumber variable is the storage location for the UUT under test and it is a string.

The PreUUT Callback in the Sequential Process Model (for exmple) handles UUT Serial Number entry.  The PreUUT Callback calls a function in the modelsupport.dll.

If you go down the road of modifying a copy of this DLL or creating your own UUT Serial Number entry panel, I think you'll find the string to numeric modification rippling through your system, causing you to make many edits.

Could you get away with leaving the serial number as a string and forcing the entry to be numeric values only?

For the second part you can modify the Process Model you are using to include ProcessModelPostStepFailure and/or SequenceFilePostStepFailure callbacks that are called when your sequence fails, inside these callbacks you can modify the behaviour of teststand as required.

Let me know if these bits are of interest

Regards

Steve

There are 10 types of people in the world that understand binary, those that do and those that don't.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,854 Views)
The other solution is to write your own serial number dialog program with whatever code module you happen to use and put this in your own PreUUTCallback. In the custom program, you could use a numeric control for the serial number input, convert that to a string, and write it to the UUT.SerialNumber variable. I have my own serial number dialog written in LabVIEW because I needed to verify that the serial number was the correct length. Let me know if you want to look at it.
Message 3 of 8
(3,846 Views)

Hi,Thank you for very great answer, I'm sorry that little confuse me because I'm just a abecedarian in teststand,

to modify the UUT dll, Is there somewhere source code for this dll ?

how is the details setup the UUT model ?

I'd like to see a example code in labview if possible , if you have C++ code is more prefer because I'm not  professional in labview

thank you in advance...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,840 Views)
Open up the process model that you are using and go to the PreUUT callback. You will see a function called DisplayUUTInformationDialog from a dll named modelsupport2.dll. This is the existing serial number dialog. Modelsupport2.dll is written in LabWindows/CVI and the source code is in the Components\NI|Models\TestStandModels folder. The process model contains numerous calls to modelsupport2.dll. However, you do not need to modify this dll in order to do what you want. All you have to do is write your own serial number dialog in whatever language you want and call that instead of the function above. As I mentioned, you can also add a PreUUT callback to your test sequence and call a custom dll there. As long as your custom dll returns the same type of information as the existing function call, you can keep modifications to a minimum.
Message 5 of 8
(3,834 Views)

I do the same as Dennis suggested.  I created my own Operator Interface for Serial No. entry.  It does all the necessary verification (entry error, etc) before passing it (SN) to TestStand. 

It is written in Labview. 

JLV

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,811 Views)

Hey DENNIS,

Please can i see your labview code for the serial number

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,983 Views)
Long gone with the company. It was just s trivial pop-up with an event structure. You shouldn't need much more than 10 minutes to write it. Much simpler than any code modules that you would be using.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,981 Views)