NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to distinguish between TestUUT and Run Selected Tests Using Single Pass

I want to update an indicator (a custom control on the LabVIEW version of the TestStand Operator Interface) - the text will differ depending on whether the user pressed Test UUTs or if they selected a couple of tests and selected (right-click) Run Selected Tests Using Single Pass.  What event/callback is appropriate to make this distinction?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,764 Views)

I don't think you would have an event that differs between which entry point was executed.  What I think you would need to do is get the event/callback that indicates an executution was started and then get the properties of that exectuion to determine what type/entrypoint it is.  For exampe there is a property isInteractive for execution.  Try the StartExectuion event callback for the application manager and use a property node inside the callback to get the property of the execution.

Hope this help

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,759 Views)
mrbean,

Before diving into exactly how we are going to go about doing this, there are a few factors that play into what's going on.

1) Different Process Models could have different possibilities.
2) Having your own entry points or more entry points in other Process Models could change things.
3) User can start multiple executions with either TestUUT or Single Pass so there would be two executions to look at.

With all these factors it can change the way you're going to do this and depends on precisely what you want to do.

Brandon Vasquez | Software Engineer | Integration Services | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,726 Views)