NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to determine is a test socket is idling, testing, passed, failed or errored.

Hi I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm wondering if there is a variable in Teststand Parallel model that I can use to determine if a selected test socket is idling(waiting to start a test), testing, passed, failed or errored. I have so far only found a function "Runstate.Root.Fileglobals.TestsocketExecutions[].Execution.GetStates", which only tells me if a test socket is suspended, running or finished execution. But what I really like to do is to know if my test socket has started a test, and pass/failed a test, or had an error. Is "Runstate.Root.Fileglobals.TestsocketExecutions[].Execution.GetStates" the same thing to what I'm trying to do? Does "finished execution" mean idling? How come this function does not tell if a test has passed or failed? Or should i design my own customised variable that tells these details? Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,879 Views)

I find it possible that you can find the answer to your question here in the UI example "Black UI".

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,860 Views)

Sorry i looked at the example but there are not enough information for the answer to this question. Do you mean I can find the answer in the PDF file or the zip file? The zip file does not contain any teststand sequence files that I can look into. In the PDF file they only just briefly mentioned pass and fail but did not mention the teststand variable or object that indicates it. 😞

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,847 Views)

If you install the package and review the code and documentation, you will see that there is no variable which you can simply query for the information you are looking for.

Retrieving that information is more complex as you have to make sure to get the correct execution context.

The UI example code shows how to make sure to identify the expected (correct) execution context before retrieving the status information.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,812 Views)