NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to deploy 2 different Test System in single workstation which has different station globals.ini and My types.ini files

Hi all,

Am facing a problem while installing 2 different Test System in single workstation.

Here Test System1 is developed by Engineer 1 and Test System 2 developement by Engineer 2 but Station Globals and My types are different in both test system.

I need to test my product by installing Test System 1 and Test System 2 in a single PC but am getting type conflict. How to handle this while creating a deployment in TestStand ?

Thanks in advance

Vijay

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,641 Views)

You will need to have different configuration directories for each setup.  Once you know where the files can simlpy make copies of the folder to wherever you like, then you just need to change the Configuration Directory to switch configurations. 

If you look under Station Options->Preferences you can edit the folder currently in use. However I have found it to be troublesome editing the value with TestStand running using the Station Options dialog. 

I found the best way was via the registry before loading the Sequence Editor or UI.  Key can be created called CfgLocation under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\National Instruments\TestStand\<version>.

Hope this helps.

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,566 Views)

If you want my honest opinion you should never ever deploy type palettes to a deployment bench.  The types are copied over to your sequence file.  The only time you need the palette is for development.

And as I've voiced before you shouldn't use station globals either.  For this very reason.

However, I understand that sometimes it is necessary to do things with station globals.  You can either do the configuration file trick as was pointed out or you should just have each system generate the station globals at the beginning of execution.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,560 Views)