NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

french accents

Hi, I couldnt find an answer to this question on the forum.

Do french accents and apostrophes in the names of sequences and parameters pose a problem? It works fine on my machine but im wondering if it will pose problems on an english system ?

Thanks !

Rohit

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,339 Views)

Hi

I tried editing the name of a Sequence File, Sequence, Additional Results, Message Pop-up and Variables with French accents in a French OS.

I copied the sequence to an English OS. I opened the sequence and executed it. It works fine as expected.

I have also attached the sequence that I created in French OS.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,293 Views)

I just wanted to add that this most likely works because French is a Western Eurpoean language.  The default Windows code page on English OSs is typically 1252.  For example, this is the system code page on my own Windows 7 system which is set to "English (United States)" in Control Panel->Region and Language->Administrative->Language for non-Unicode programs.  When I change this setting to "French (France)" the code page remains 1252.  (By contrast, if I change to Hebrew then the code page becomes 1255.)  Moving the file from a French OS to an English OS works just fine because the character set is actually the same.

To summarize, TestStand can handle things like accents OK, but moving sequences between systems with different default code pages could cause problems if you use non-ASCII characters.  Moving from French (with accents) to Hebrew, for example, would likely cause problems.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,281 Views)