From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file globals for many sequences

Hello All,

I am using file globals and producing a number of subsequences. I would like to use the same variable names in many of the subsequences. I would like all of the variables to be located in one file only. The structure of the fileglobals file indicatates a number of variables can be associated with its subsequence as I can see < subsequence name> above and below the sequences variables.

I dont want to produce a huge list of distinct variable names as this could get difficult to manage and prone to repetition of names.

The problem I have found is that when I call property loader it appears to ignore the subsequences section names and only loads the last entry in the file. as follows:

sequence file

<seq 1>

name: fred

<seq 2>

name: joe

property loader action

get seq 1 >> name

result

name = joe (expected fred, got joe)

I asked property loader to get seq 1 name but it returned the last name... from seq 2

Advise Appreciated, Regards Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,399 Views)

I have a similar thread created a few days ago. There should be some kind of project wide variable list... I don't want a StationGlobals for each project...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,373 Views)