NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

expression browser doesn't scroll correctly in TestStand 3.1

When using the down mouse button to scroll through the expression window in the expression browser in TestStand 3.1, the text does not scroll correctly.  The window jumps back to the beginning every few mouse clicks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,657 Views)

Hey Snood,

Sooo, I'm going to have to go ahead and call shananigans on this one and say that it's more likely a problem with your mouse.  The expression field is just going to respond to what the OS is sending it from the mouse.  I tried this with my mouse wheel (which can tend to get crazy being that it is wireless) and it worked fine.  I would check out your mouse and make sure everything is working great there.  Have a good one.

Adam B.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,651 Views)
Adam,

I experience this phenomenon on multiple computers, so to me that would indicate that it's not a mouse problem.  (My laptop touchpad does it too.)

-Joel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,651 Views)
I have the same problem in TS3.5

It's NOT af mouse problem...

try to make a lot of lines, and then use the scroll whell......... den it is f....k up

/Thomas
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,639 Views)

Hi,

How many lines are because I am not seeing the problem.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,633 Views)

Hi Ray.

I have attached a seq where you can see the problem.

1.Open the seq
2. Edit the expression
3 Try to scroll the text with the mouse whell (dont press any other key on the mouse)

Then you should see that it start from the top when you scroll

Kind regards Thomas Bojer

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,624 Views)
I stand corrected.  It must have something to do with the end line character.  Your sequence did indeed replicate the error.  However, when I was trying to replicate previously, I put in a constant stream of data without end lines.  Check out the attached sequence where the second statement step has the same data as yours but in a constant stream.  The error does not occur here.  Hopefully this helps NI break down the problem but it should give everyone a workaround for now.

Adam
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,616 Views)

Hi,

Yes I see the problem, and I'm using TS 3.5.

Another problem I see with formatting your expresion like this, when you run your mouse over the description and you have the Tip highlighted enable, you dont see the bottom of the expression, unless off course you are using monitors that are greater than 17inches.

The plus side, it does make it easier to read.

regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,607 Views)
Ray,

This is precisely why I separate each expression with a newline.  It increases readability of a long list of expressions when you hover over "Pre-Expression" (or whatever) with the mouse.  And I also see the problem you described: when the item is at the bottom of the screen you don't see what's at the bottom of the tip.  Maybe TS could detect if the item being hovered on is at the bottom of the window and if so, make the tip appear above rather than below the item?

-Joel
Message 9 of 9
(3,604 Views)