NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error with a property

hello,

i' ve got a property of a control in my vi.
the conrol is in a cluster.
with this property i would like to change the background color of the conrol.(property: cluster--> control--> caption--> colors--> bg)
if i started the vi there will be an error. the error 1320 is called : "..In edit mode lv cannot return a propety for a control part that have not created..".
wheres the problem??

markus
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,042 Views)
Hi markus,

Is this an actual control on your front panel?

It sounds like you are trying to change something that you do not have access to0. Check the LabVIEW help for this control property, its possible its read only.

Also this message would have been best posted in the LabVIEW forum here

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 2 of 6
(3,036 Views)
hello,
in the attachment there is an example with the error.

markus
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,026 Views)
You say you want to change the background color of the control but you're using the caption property? The caption is a text label for the control. If you right click on the numeric and select Visible Items>Caption, then no error is generated and the caption background color is changed. If you really want to change the background of the control itself, use Numberic Text>Text Colors>BG Color.
Message 4 of 6
(3,018 Views)
Hi,

The problem is you have to make your caption visible. Right click on the control and select Visible Items > Caption.

Then your VI will work.

You can do a test by using the Property Node Visible and only setting the Caption background if it returns True.

Hope the helps
Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 5 of 6
(3,015 Views)
hello,

thank you for the comments.
the problem was that i choose caption property.
the text property is the right one.

markus
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,001 Views)