NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error -17100 teststand

Hello,

Sequence editor Error : File format error. C:\\.....seq is not a sequence file.

Code error : -17100, incorrect format.

Source : TSAPI

I make the sequence with Teststand 4.0 and I try to open with Teststand 3.5 but code error.

Help me.

Thanks.

Philippe B.
Certified Associate Developer / Dépt Moyens d'essais

www.ingenia-system.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,010 Views)

Philippe,

TS sequences are not downward compatible on their own. Esp. between 3.x and 4.x much has changed.

Nevertheless, you can save your TS 4.x sequences for previous versions by selecting "Save as" and then use the drop drown list to select TS 3.5 there.....

hope this helps,

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 8
(5,008 Views)

Hello, 

ok, thanks

I try this solution.

Philippe B.
Certified Associate Developer / Dépt Moyens d'essais

www.ingenia-system.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,997 Views)

File Format Error. The file 'D:\....xxx.seq' is not a sequence file.

Error Code: -17100, Incorrect file format.

Source: 'TSAPI'

When I tried using one of my custom steps in NI TestStand, teststand crashed. On reopening my sequence file, I keep getting the above error. On clicking "OK", a blank sequence file is found. Is there any way to revive my original sequence file? Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,484 Views)

Please find attached, the sequence file in question.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,483 Views)

It looks like your sequence file got overwritten with a report. I opened it in a text editor and it wasn't a sequence file, it was some sort of report file.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,457 Views)

I am getting the exact same error due to type conflicts.

Trying to load the sequence file using currently loaded types results in the error.

Trying to load the sequence file using types in the sequence file succeeds.

So the file is apparently not corrupt. Can a type conflict be so severe that it causes a sequence file not to be recognized.

This is in TestStand 2014, 64-bit.

Thanks

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,741 Views)

What version of TestStand was the file last saved in (you can open it in notepad.exe and look for versions numbers at the top if you aren't sure)? If it wasn't saved with TestStand 2014, have you tried re-saving the sequence file after opening it using the types in the file, then restarting teststand and trying to load it with currently loaded types instead? In otherwords, does resaving the file in TestStand 2014 fix it?

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,737 Views)