NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

duplicate reference in Top-Level VI

I'm working in the LabVIEW version of the TestStand (3.5) operator interface and I'm trying to understand why there are a couple of references to a few controls.  In Full OI - Top-LevelVI.vi (attached), on the left side of the block diagram, there is an ActiveXContainer (VI Server Reference) for StatusBar, ListBar, SequenceView, etc.  Then, a little ways down, those same objects exist, but in a different form (i.e., listbar, path, button).  When I select either of the block diagram controls (for the same item), it takes me to the same front panel control, but from the front panel, labVIEW takes me to the non-ActiveXContainer item.  Can someone explain what's going on here?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,682 Views)
The ActiveXContainers (at the top) are NOT duplicate references, these are References to the ActiveXContainers (Gets confusing) this is the equilivant to a pointer to a pointer in c programming.
Note the arrow to the left of the ActiveXContainer, this Icon means its a Reference to an ActiveXContainer, NOT and ActiveXContainer

If you right click on one of the wires from the ActiveXContainers Reference (Top ones), then Create-> you'll see the Properties and Methods are for a LabVIEW control.

If you right click on one of the wires from the ActiveXContainer (Bottom ones), then Create-> you'll see the Properties and Methods are for that ActiveX Class.

If you follow through the code you'll see the the ActiveXContainer References (Top ones) are used only for resizing the controls.
The ActiveXContainers (Bottom ones) are used for all the TestStand UI functions.

Hope this helps

Simon Holman
Software Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Certified TestStand Developer

measX GmbH & Co. KG.
http://www.measx.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,672 Views)
That makes sense now.  Thank you.
0 Kudos