From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

don`t close front panel in a loop

I'm doing a numerical limit step that calls a labview module and show the measurement in the front panel.

My problem is that I want to do the same mesaurement using the loop options, and every time the loop executes, my front panel is open and closed.
   The right behavior is opent the front panel the first iteration, do and show the measurements during the loop, and close the front panel in the last.

Really I can`t find any option to do this in only one step.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,393 Views)
Can I ask why you don't simply have a while loop in the VI and pass it the number of iterations or exit conditions?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,381 Views)
   First of all thanks for your time.

I know we can do that inside the VI, but I would like to have the control of the loop in teststand, in order that a fild technician could change the loop conditions easily.

I'm new in TestStand and trying to follow the philosophy of that. The VI makes the function of measurents and graphical information and TestStand does the control and decision of the step.

Thanks,
   Gonzalo.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,378 Views)

Hi there,

I think I got a solution for your problem. You can use VI's property nodes to open/close the front panel.

The thing is that you can create a reference of your sub'vi. Then prior or in the first iteration of the loop select Front Panel Open property node and wire a true. That should open the sub'vi front panel and leave it open. Then at the end just set that property node to false and that will close the front panel. See attached jpg as an example.

Hope that solves the problem,

Regards,

Jaime Cabrera

NI Applications Engineering.

Regards,

Jaime Cabrera

NI Applications Engineering Spain
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,348 Views)

Hi,

You could try this as an example

IF( Step.TS.NumLoop == 0)

FP.Open (True) // to display front panel

END

Then make your measurement.

IF (Step.TS.EndingLoopIndex == Step.TS.NumLoop)

FP.Open (False) // close front panel

END

Regards

Ray Farmer

Message Edited by Ray Farmer on 06-20-2006 09:37 AM

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,341 Views)

IHi,

Ray one's is the version for TS i give in LV.

Thanks Ray

Jaime Cabrera

Regards,

Jaime Cabrera

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,335 Views)
   Thanks for your answers.

Ray, I think your answer is the way, but I have problems with the name of the property, because when i put for example "step.ts.numloops" in the lookupString input of GetPropertyValue.vi the result is that this vi returns an error.

Thanks in advance and apologies for the delay in the answer.

Gonzalo.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,237 Views)

Hi,

I think I must have been generalising. While the step is looping the Properties RunState.LoopIndex, RunState.LoopNumPassed and RunState.LoopNumFailed are used to hold the loop count and the number of times the loop has passed and failed.

You have to use RunState.LoopIndex for the Step.TS.NumLoop and for the Total count you can extract from the step property "Step.TS.LoopWhile" string but it probably would be better to use a Local variable to hold the max count.

Hope this helps

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,224 Views)

Hellow Ray, finally it's now working ok.

The difficulty was to get the total number of iterations and it was done through the property LoopWhileExpression, and extract from here the number.

Thank you very much because your help marked me the way.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,190 Views)

Hello Jaime,

I am trying to use the same idea in my application, where I want to control the opening and closing of the FP. But in LV8.2, the VI class, FP.Open property is now an output and is not an input anymore.

Any help from anyone on how to control the FP opening and closing, would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Shoab

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,859 Views)