NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display requirement from sequence file in report header

Hello

I need to display the requirements from sequence file properties in the report header.

This header is generated in XML.

And as the requirements are a property of the sequence file, I thought it would be easy. But I don't know how to retrieve the value in the model.

Does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,582 Views)

Hi,

It is possible to include the Requirements in the Teststand report. you can SequenceFilePostStep Callback which will take the Requirements.Link[n] array and write it into the ReportText property.

Just put an f(x) statment in der Main Group of the Callback with the following Expression :

Parameters.Step.Result.ReportText += Parameters.Step.TS.Requirements.Links[Locals.i] + "\n"

See the attached seq-file

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,573 Views)

If you want to add custom data to your TestStand report header when using the XML report format, just click on the link below for more detailed information:

How to Modify a TestStand XML Report Header

I hope this helps you.

Houssam

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,571 Views)

Houssam,

Thank you for your answer and thank you for the link "How to Modify a TestStand XML Report Header".

Actually, I'm looking for a solution that modifies the model (and not the sequence) as this configuration will have to be done for each sequence file.

Furthermore the requirement I want to retrieve is a sequence or a sequence file requirement (not a step one) and I want to put it in the header (I think if I create a sequence file post step it will create a new result but not modify the header and as I'm quite new to TestStand and I don't know how to get the last result)

Nais

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,559 Views)

I have tried same way. It Worked. Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(133 Views)