NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deployment problem

I am able to create an installer and build a deployment with no problems ONCE. If I try to run the Deployment Utility a second time, when I
load the .TSD file and hit "Load Workspace Into Teststand" all of my files have small red crosses on the icon next to the file name. If I right-click Properties, it says file not found. I then have to manually tell it the correct path for each of the (many) files in the deployment. It then works ok. Why does it lose the path information for the files? I have tried making the .TSW and .TSD files read-only but it does not matter.
Thanks in advance
al

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,332 Views)
Hi Al,

When you first added the files to your workspace, did you use an absolute path or did you add the directory to the list of search directories? Also, when you view the file path property on one of the missing files, what does it say? Is it pointing to the same location you originally specified or something different?

In case I need to test this on my machine, which version of TestStand are you using?

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,303 Views)
I am using version 3.5. I am not sure how the files were originally added to the Workspace. This was originally done by a consultant who did the initial Teststand design and deployment. I am working from the tsw and tsd files that he provided.
When I get the x-ed out file names, if I right click Properties, it looks like the beginning part of the path is missing. If I add "..\" in front of the path shown, it can then find the file.  For example, the sequence files and TSW file are located at:
C:\Projects\KVH\testing\TestStand\Sequences. When I do Properties, Path Name box shows: \Sequences\CardReader.SEQ and (file not found). I can change it to:
..\Sequences\CardReader.SEQ and it can now find the file.

I suspect that it may have something to do with the Workspace file, but I'm not sure what to do to fix it.
Thanks for your jhelp
al
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,302 Views)

After further testing, it looks like the paths are stored in the TPJ file as relative paths even if you check the "Use Absolute Path" check box. I was able to manually edit this file and fix the problem, but it is updated with the relative paths after a build and then does not work.

al

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,295 Views)
Hi Al,

What is the full path of the workspace file on disk?

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,292 Views)
C:\Projects\KVH\testing\TestStand\Sequences\KVHUniversalTestFixture.tsw. After build, if you look at the tpj
file, The paths are: ..\\Projects\KVH\testing\TestStand\Sequences\filename.seq. This is after you check absolute Path
al
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,292 Views)
Hi Al,

What search directories do you currently have defined?

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,285 Views)

James,

I finally got everything to work. I created a new TSW file and added all the files and paths. I can build it multiple times without it losing the path information. There is something strange about the TSW file that the consultant supllied. Maybe it has to do with moving everything from his machine to ours,

Thanks for all your help.

al

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,282 Views)