NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deployment on other systems

Hello,

I have added some new files to the <Teststand>/Components/Users/Tools directory and <Teststand>/Components/Users/TypePallete directory. Along with this, i also have customized the Tools menu in the Teststand ( which affects <Teststand>/Cfg/ToolMenu.ini file). I want to distribute this among various other developers. However, when i try to build an installer, and try to install on other machines, it successfully loads the new user files that dont exist. However, if the files already exist in the system, they dont get replaced by the new files. This happens fo <Teststand>/Components/Users/TypePallete/MyTypes.ini and <Teststand>/Cfg/ToolMenu.ini
   To build the installer, for the tools menu, i just included the Teststand engine, and checked the Tools option in that. I thought this would automatically take the latest ToolsMenu.ini file i had on my system. Please let me know if i am missing something.

Thanks,
Regards,
Aparna

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,851 Views)
Howdy aparna,

Any configuration file located in the <TestStand>\Cfg directory will need to be added to your workspace in order to be deployed to your target machine. In this case, you will need to make sure to add the
Tools.ini file. Refer to Deploying TestStand Systems for more detailed information on deploying in TestStand.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,840 Views)

Aparna,

MS has an article that address when an installer overwrites files:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/msi/setup/file_versioning_rules.asp

The ini files would fall under Nonversioned FIles.

-Rick Francis

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,799 Views)