NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deployment error: Unable to locate all subVIs from saved VIs because a subVI is missing or the VI is not saved in the current version of LabVIEW.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I want to deploy my Teststand project and got some strange error while creating the image.

For many additional files with the suffix like .tso, aliases, lvlpb, exe, dll.. the deployment tool throws the error "Unable to locate all subVIs from saved VIs because a subVI is missing or the VI is not saved in the current version of LabVIEW." (see also attached pic).

If I exclude the files from my distribution or set them to "Include without Processing Item or Dependencies" the build works fine.

After the error occured I checked the Temp-folder. The temporary LV-project is not created yet.

I used the deplyoment-setup in the same way within a fromer project and had no problems like that...

I use Win7 / LV2013 SP1 & Teststand 2013 f1 (5.1.240).

Could anybody help or give support? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,230 Views)

Hello Mesio,

have you tried to mass compile the Vi´s berfore you run the build?

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,173 Views)

Hello Alexander,

yes I did. Mass compile is running pretty well...

Matthias

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,158 Views)

Hello Mesio,

it is possible to get one of the not working VI´s and can i reproduce the issue with them?

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,155 Views)

Hi Alexander,

the error is not caused by any VI, the problem is caused by additional Files like *.tso, *.aliases, *.lvlpb which are created by Labview / Teststand project. If I set the Flag "Include without Processing Item or Dependencies" in Deployment utility for the regarding files everything works fine...

I cannot populate the project, because there a lot of internal know-how in it...

Thanks,

Matthias

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,119 Views)

Hello Mesio,

during the search in our database, i found there are some fixed mistakes that can be the cause for your behaviour. Do you have the option to try the development with the newest version of TS?

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,112 Views)

Hi Alexander,

I currently change our environment to TS2014 & LV2015. I'll give you answer when done....

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,097 Views)

Hello Mesio,

TS 2016 and LV 2016 possible?

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,092 Views)

No - not released within the company 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,089 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author M-DO

Finally I tried the build with LV2015 & TS2014 - no problems... Everything works fine...

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,964 Views)