From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debug can't open

Hi,

I'm trying to run a TS+CVI code with debug.  Everything was fine until I suddenly began to get error of not finding some files.

Warning: Cannot find program or file or library
Library: 'VXI Library'
Function Panel File: "c:\Program Files\national instruments\cvi70\bin\nivxi\vxi.lfp

There are other files as well....

The reason these files are not found is because I have changed (a while ago) the CVI directory name from 'cvi70' to 'cvi'.

The question is why is it looking for these files?
How to make the debugger look in my directory instead? (or not looking at all)

The last thing I did before this happened was running a test not in a debug mode until a run-time error happened and I got a window where I selected 'break'.  I got a new CVI window that showed me where the error was.   

Thanks for an urgent answer
Rafi
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,805 Views)
Hello Rafi2003,

The reason why you are receiving this error is, as you suggested, a result of you changing the name of the CVI install directory.  Throughout your registry, CVI expects all the associated files to be in a folder called cvi70.  Probably the safest way to specify a different directory would be to uninstall and reinstall CVI.  During the installation process, it will ask you where you would like to install CVI.  In that dialog, you can enter a different directory.  This process will correctly update the necessary registry keys to adhere to the specified directory.

The various lp and lfp files are some of the CVI standard libraries that load in the Library Tree.   If you right click on the library tree and select "Customize Library Menu", you will see a list of the libraries that are being loaded.  I suspect the selected libraries will directly map to the error messages you are receiving.  If you do not want these libraries loaded, you can unselect the various libraries in this dialog, then restart CVI.

Hope that helps.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,792 Views)