From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

database executable

Hello Everyone,

I recently started using Database Connectivity VI's to connect to a MySQL database. We have everything working great in the development version. However, when I build an executable and deploy it to other machines the executable starts looking for all the sub-vi's that contain any of the VI's from the database connectivity tool set. Why is that? Can you build executables containing these database tools without worrying about them needing access to the actual development vi's? If so, how do you?

Joshua Meyers
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,649 Views)
I should have also included that I am using Labview 7.1. Also this post was suppose to go to the Labview discussion forums and it says teststand for some reason. I am new, sorry.

Josh
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,643 Views)
Hi Joshua,

When building an executable out of a VI that uses the Database Connectivity Toolkit, you have to add a few other things than just the VI. This is all clearly described in this KnowledgeBase:

Building Stand-Alone Executables With Database Connectivity Toolkit VIs

Let me know if you have any further questions, thanks.

Have Fun!
- Philip Courtois, Thinkbot Solutions

Thinkbot Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,627 Views)