NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create type paletts

Hello,
I have now the problem, that all properties of the created step(steps created with CVI) which I add with "specify module" (double klick on the new created step in Type palett->Substeps->Specify Module  are not available when I add this step in my sequence. what is the problem here?
regards samuel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,336 Views)

Hi,

Have you created them at the sequencefile level or at Global level.?

If you load your sequencefile that was opened at the time you created your types, are they now available? If you are then you have created them at SequenceFile file level.

If you used the toolbar icon next to the StationGlobals icon then thats the global level and would be available to all sequencefiles.

If you use the View control on the SequenceFile window then thats the SequenceFile level and any type created at this level will only be available in the SequenceFile it was created.

Hope this helps

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,334 Views)
Hello Ray,
please don´t misunderstand me. The new created step are available in all sequences , but the configurations which I have done in the "specify module" tab before I store the teststep are not available when use this teststep in a sequence
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,321 Views)

Hi,

Is it possible to post your type palette ini file.

What version of teststand are you using?

Regards

Ray.

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,320 Views)
hello Ray,
here ist My Types.ini file
regards samuel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,316 Views)
Ray,
I am using teststand 3.1
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,316 Views)

Hi,

which of your step types is giving you problem?

Ray.

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,305 Views)
Hello Ray,
all my own created step types for example, "can_exit", "can_set_path", "can_send", "can_receive", "sort_spec", "sort_relay_list" and "return_burning_status"

regards samuel
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,299 Views)

Hi,

Looking at your ini file, I couldn't find where you had specified your code module for any of your steptype.

Eg for "can_exit", I would have expected to find [can_exit.TS.SData] with modulePath = <to something>, funcName = <your function name> etc but there was nothing. All I could find was an EditSubStep, so there was no PostSubStep either.

Which is probably why you are having to specify it when you insert the steptype into your sequence.

You did specify a code module eiher via the Specify Module or as a PostSubStep when you were creating the StepType?

Also, once you have done this you can set the disable properties, "Can Speicify", so that when you insert the StepType, you dont get an active Specify Module menu item for the step.

Regard

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,285 Views)

Hello Ray,

Yes I specified the code modules eiher via the Specify Module when I were creating the StepType?

I think this behaviour is strange.

regards samuel 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,282 Views)