NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create a custom txt report from teststand

Hello,

I am supporting a set of Teststand test programs.
I have been asked to alter the text report that is produced to be read by an existing script.
In order for the existing scripts to work the test data must be put into a txt file in a specific format.
I cloned the reportgen_txt.seq file and started to modify some of the sub sequences.
I was able to convert the header and footer sub sequences to conform to the scripts.
I am having trouble converting the body sub sequence.
I have narrowed this down to a DLL call that extracts the information from a container.
My problem is that I only want the raw data (numbers).
For example, I don't want the "Measurement:" or "Limits:" labels.  Just the numbers.

What I want is: Pass/Fail, Value, Upper Limit, Lower Limit

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,756 Views)
You are definitely on the right track. That DLL that is being called (modelsupport2.dll in the default case) will be the place where the report body is created and what you would need to edit to change the format. In the report options for text there is option at the bottom that says "DLL" and the other option is "Sequence". If you select Sequence, it will no longer call as a DLL and you will be able to modify the sequence which formats and creates the body. We also provide the code for the dll in a prj (CVI project). Finally, there is a callback called ModifyReportEntry which allows you to change the actual string that is being output to be written to the report. These are the different options you have depending on how much customization you need for the report body.

Brandon Vasquez | Software Engineer | Integration Services | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,734 Views)