NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creat a sequence in teststand using CVI

hi ,

i run a code for CAN Bus Communication in Labwindows CVI and it works so now i need to know how to create a sequence in teststand using this code and how to excute it 

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,117 Views)

Hi ahmadkochbati92,

To call a CVI code module in TestStand, click the CVI icon at the top "Insertion Palette" and choose the type of step you would like to use (Action Step, Pass/Fail Test, Numeric Limit Test, etc.) and drag in into your sequence. Then in the "Step Settings" pane, specify the module file path. You may find this article helpful:

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/10369/en/

Nolan H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,075 Views)

hi
thank you for your response i put the CVI code in the code source file and in the module i put the path of Call CVI code module.dll,when i execute the sequence in teststand my product don't work as in Labwindows CVI with the same CVI code and i need to know if i must have a GUI in teststand or not .
ps: i need to exucute steps in process cause in instance of Labwindows CVI it works
best regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,062 Views)

Hi ahmedkochbati92,

I am a bit confused about you question. What is your desired behavior? And what problem are you running into at the moment? What do you mean by "product does not work as in LabWindows CVI"?

Nolan H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,051 Views)

hello Nolan H

my objectif is to create a sequence using a CVI code module for a CAN communication,the CVI code run properly.
i build a DLL from my CVI.c code, i have a problem in parameters value expression and the result failed .
i need to know if i must build a dll from my CVI code and call it in Module in step setting or i call the 'CallCVICodeModule.dll' like i found in the document .
thank you

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,047 Views)

Hi ahmedkoshbati92,

You can call both DLLs and CVI code modules in TestStand. I would recommend just calling a CVI code module if you have already built the code in CVI. It looks like you are running into problems with the parameters of your module function. The parameters are essentially the inputs and outputs of your code module. Here is some more information on this:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052M-01/tsref/infotopics/pane_module_cvi/

Nolan H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,037 Views)

Hello 

thank you for your response i need to know what i put in the Module in the step settings pane ??

the file path of the DLL that i build from my CVI code or other DLL ??

best regards 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,004 Views)

Hi,

Can you clarify what you mean by the "other" DLL?  You should set it to point to the DLL that contains the function you are calling within TestStand.

Adam
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,996 Views)