NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy of NI_Flow_End does not work

Hello,

I need an extra property in NI_Flow_End (StepType), so I copied the original StepType and called the newOne "NI_Flow_End_Copy" ;).

The Problem is:
In my sequencefile i've got a FOR-step and the related END-step. With the orignal End-step everything works fine, but when I change the End-step with my EndCopy-step(nothing is changed,only copied) the Editor shows the FOR-step and the ENDCopy-Step red marked. The Editor has no relation between the FOR-step and the EndCopy-step.
(I hope the description is clear to understand)

Do you have any idea?

thanks
Marian Giese
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,307 Views)

I believe that the Sequence Editor is looking for the specific End Step Type, rather than your copy, so it does not know how to properly display and format your new step type.

Any reason why you are copying this step type?

Allen P.

NI

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,288 Views)
The block structure is defined by the step type in Step Type Properties>>General Tab>>Advanced Button>>Block Structure...

If you just copied the NI_Flow_End step type, the Step Affects Sequence Block Structure option should still be checked and the Block Start Step Types should still be set to:

NI_Flow_If, NI_Flow_Else, NI_Flow_ElseIf, NI_Flow_For, NI_Flow_While, NI_Flow_DoWhile, NI_Flow_Case, NI_Flow_Select, NI_ Flow_AutoSchedule, NI_Flow_LockResource, NI_Flow_Begin

Please double check that this is the case. I copied the NI_Flow_End step type and did not have the problem you are seeing.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,280 Views)

Thanks for the help,

the problem was in the Block Structure, I did not saw this button. I forgot to say, (i'am sorry), that i had also copied the NI_Flow_For Steptype and named it DLR_Flow_For.

Now, I added the names to the block structure and everything is fine.

thx

m.giese

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,276 Views)