From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuration directory

Solved!
Go to solution

I installed TS 2010 SP1, and I want to change the Configuraion Directory from <TestStand Default Location> to another folder.

After restarting TestStand I see that my setting has no effect, the Config Directory is still <TestStand Default Location>. So I cannot change it.

How to override this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,285 Views)

Do you have write access to the registry?

From the TS help:

"Configuration Directory—The location of the configuration directory. When this value is changed, TestStand displays the Copy Configuration Settings dialog box, in which you can copy the files in the current configuration directory to the new location.
<TestStand Default Location>—The default location, which is <TestStand Application Data>\Cfg.  Note  TestStand stores the configuration directory path in the Windows registry under the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\National Instruments\TestStand\<TestStand Version>\CfgLocation. You must have write authority to the Windows registry to change this value."

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 11
(5,281 Views)

Yes I have. On the same PC I don't have this problem with TS2012 and other versions.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,278 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mitulatbati

Hi,

did you try to edit the the Windows registry  key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\National Instruments\TestStand\<4.5.1\CfgLocation ?

Message 4 of 11
(5,257 Views)

Yes, after some reinstallation and uninstallation has this key disappeared. I recreated it, and now everything is fine. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,254 Views)

Hello-

I'm having the same problem. Teststand 2010 SP1.  Interesting side note...A coworker can change his directory and he does NOT have the registry key, which is weird.  Anyway, I tried creating the key in two places, and neither of these are working!  Can somebody look below and confirm which or neither of these is correct.  Why isn't this working?

Thank you!!!

TS_ConfigDir_Key1.jpg

OR

TS_ConfigDir_Key2.jpg

Message 6 of 11
(5,099 Views)

Hello Harvster,

Delete the first one, second one is correct.

Message 7 of 11
(5,086 Views)

Yeah, that's what I thought.  I tried both.  Neither of them are working.  Any other ideas?  Hopefully somebody else has had this problem and can help.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,077 Views)

If you are on a 64-bit OS, make sure you are looking under the Wow6432 key:

Basically:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\National Instruments\TestStand\ etc.etc.

-Doug

Message 9 of 11
(5,068 Views)

Doug-  Thank you!!!  I am on Win7 64-bit....That was the problem.  Working correctly now.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,062 Views)