From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client fileglobal access by process model

I have the same question as posted in knowledge base article:
However, the stated solution in the knowledge based article appears to be unavailable for TestStand1.03.

Basically I'm trying to access the fileglobals of a client from within the process model.  The only appearent path is the RunState.ProcessModelClient.Data.FileGlobalDefaults but this is just the default states of the client's variables.  I need the actual runtime copies.

{section from the knowledge based article}
Configuration for first step
Object Reference: RunState.Execution
Automation Server: NI Teststand API 3.0 (1.0)  TestStand API 1.0
Object Class: Execution
Action: Call Method
Method: GetFileGlobals    (option is not available,  there is GetModelSequenceFile, GetSequenceFile, GetStates, and GetThread)

Parameters
Return Value: Locals.FileGlobals
sequencefileParam: RunState.ProcessModelClient

I'm actually using a CVI Dll to access the variables.  I'm passing in "ThisContext" and then using:

CAObjHandle      SeqContextHandle = ThisContext passed from teststand
    tsErrChk(TS_PropertyGetValString(SeqContextHandle, &errorInfo, "FileGlobals.SoftwarePN",0,&pszKeyName));

This works great for accessing the FileGlobals of the process model, but not for the fileglobals of the client.

Maybe there is a different ObjHandle to get to the client, but I don't know where it is.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,622 Views)
Hi,

Not sure if this is available in version 1.03, but have you tried setting the SequenceFile properties to use the same fileglobals for each execution. This maybe your only option if available.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,575 Views)