NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing tab control strings

I found that if I modify the TEST_UUTS string in ModelStrings.ini, I can change the text displayed in my entry point button.

[MODEL]
TEST_UUTS = "ATE TEST"
SINGLE_PASS= "DEBUG"
Similarly, I made changes to UIControlOperatorInterfaceStrings.ini to change what shows up in the tabs for my Top-Level VI in the TestStand 3.5 Operator Interface.

[TSUI_OI_MAIN_PANEL]
EXECUTION = "Test Execution"
SEQUENCE_FILE = "Test Sequence"

Now for my questions - one specific, one general

1) If I add a page (tab) to my tab control (say Quick  BIT), I was told I could just create a contant in CustomStrings.ini and TestStand would grab the text out of that file.

[TSUI_OI_MAIN_PANEL]
QUICK_BIT = "Quick BIT"

How/where does it do that?  I assume this constant (QUICK_BIT) would have to be unique and it would have to be specified in one of the properties dialog boxes somewhere?

2) In general, where does TestStand use these contants (say, for example, the one for TEST_UUTS)?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,766 Views)
Hi,

You have to call the TestStand - localize Front Panel.vi, which is found in the TestStand Palette in your LabVIEW. You need to provide the Engine reference which you can obtain from IAppllicationMgr.GetEngine and also a string containing the section name found in your CustomStrings.ini

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,756 Views)
I checked out the code in TestStand - localize Front Panel.vi.  I then messed around with the AboutBox VI and I made the connection (at least in this case) that the property browser Caption field is where you place the contstant defined in the .ini file.  What is the difference, however, between this Caption and the Caption displayed in the properties dialog?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,741 Views)