From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change pass sequence context in mass

I have been able to use the technique recommended by Scott Richardson (NI) 2-13-2004 (see search link below) to create a tool that allows me to select several TestStand 2 sequence steps and display and change various properties of the steps in mass. Is there a way to do the same thing with the "pass sequence context" option on steps of the CVI standard prototype adaptor step type? I'd like to select several steps and display and change their "pass sequence context" option all at once.

http://search.ni.com/nisearch/nisearchservlet?nistype=default&ddown=3&cluster=true&filter=%2Btaxonomy:%22Developer+Zone%22&q=I+just+created+and+attached+a+TestStand+2.0+sequence+file+that+you+can+use+as+tool+menu+items
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,580 Views)
Hey Kevin,

Actually, you should be able to use Scott's previous example as a basis for what you are trying to do. First of all, you can see the property that you need to set by going into Configure >> Station Options. Next, go to the Preferences tab and select the Show Hidden Properties Box. Now, if you look at the tree view of the step, you will see a Step.TS.SData.SeqContextType property which is set to 0 when the box is unchecked and 1 when it is. Therefore, you should be able to modify the step that alters the Record Result Setting to Set this property. You will need to change the Object Class to Property Object, Change the Action to Call Method, and change the method to SetValNumber. The lookupString should be the string above (Step.TS...) and the new value will be 1 (options can be set to 0). I have not tested this out, but it should give you the behavior that you are desiring. Please let me know if this does not work for some reason and I will certainly revisit this and make sure that we get a solution for you if one exists. I look forward to your reply.

Adam B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,566 Views)