NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change label font

Solved!
Go to solution

Is it possible to change a Label (Step) font or color?  Since this is a lot like a comment, it would be nice to be able to change the color of the Step name so it would stand out more.  I know ou can turn the label name on/off and/or hide the icon.  But still blends in quite a bit, while changing color (like a comment on a step turns blue) would be nice if possible...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,154 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Sir_Mutt

Hi Sir Mutt,

I hope you are doing well today!  This idea has actually been posted as a suggestion to our NI TestStand Idea Exchange, which I have attached a link to below.  However, this can also be done using an expression for your Step List Configuration.

You can designate different configurations for your Step List.  If you right-click anywhere in your Step List in the Sequence Editor and go to Step List Configurations»Edit Step List Configurations, there is a popup window where you can alter some of these settings.  For instance, you can create a new configuration to customize yourself, or you can customize those already shipped with TestStand.  If you go to Edit, you can then look at the Appearance, Fonts and Colors,  and Columns tabs to customize various parts of your sequence layout.  You can even change the color of the comments on the Fonts and Colors tab.  On the Fonts and Colors tab, there is a Step Text Color expression form.  The following expression will set the color of the Label text to Red and will leave the rest of the steps black:

(Step.StepType.Name == "Label")?tsRed:tsBlack

I hope this helps.  Have a great day!

Allow Users to Change Font Colors for Steps in the Sequence Editor

Taylor G.
Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
Message 2 of 2
(4,129 Views)