cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot load VI using user interface standalone executable

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I am preparing for my deployment. I build an executable for my user interface (based on Simple UI example), I get the following error when trying to run my test sequence using this executable as standalone.

I do not get this message when I am running the user interface vi (note: the LabVIEW adapter is configured to use LVRTE).

There are many code modules in the test sequences, but this error only occur for 3 of these code modules. These 3 code modules are run from another 'sub' sequence located in the same sequence file as in the main sequence. These sub sequence (the first one is call Stop Valve Monitor as indicated in the error message) are run asynchronously and they each calls the LabVIEW code module (the first one calls StopValve.vi as indicated in the error message). The rest of the code modules which are able load correctly are normal code modules call from the main sequence.

Can anyone please help me to find out why these 3 code modules are not able to load in ? Any way to solve this problem?

I am using LabVIEW 2014 32 bit and Teststand 2014 32 bit.

Yours sincerely,

hlim

unabletoload.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,183 Views)

When I've encountered that error, it's usually because of one of these reasons:

1) VI is unable to be found. That you didn't distribute it correctly.

2) VI was last saved in a different LabVIEW version. IE, you saved it in LabVIEW 2015 and attempting to use LabVIEW 2014 runtime.

3) VI is part of a packed library of the wrong LabVIEW version.

4) VI is missing it's compiled code. If you set them to have the compiled code separated, you have to rejoin it before deployment. Runtime can't create it.

5) VI moved to a system that is missing approprite plug-ins, IE missing SubVIs.

Certified-LabVIEW-Architect_rgb.jpgCertified_TestStand_Architect_rgb.jpg

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Bernard Books

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,177 Views)

hello bsvare,

thank you for your tips. i will have to look at your individually.  i must say that i have not even deploy the teststand. i just build an executable from the   labview user interface. i then run the executable on the same development pc. it already complaint that it cannot find those 3 code modules. The strange thing is that it is able to find the other 7 code modules. So i  cannot quite understand the error message. When i ran the user interface vi (on the same development pc), i do not get the error.

Yours sincerely,

hlim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,174 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hlim

If it's on the same machine and the only difference is the runtime vs development. Then it's likely those have bad or outdated compiled code.

For each VI in question:

Check if those VIs are marked. Open them up, check the VI properties / General tab. Make sure the "Separate compiled code from source file" is unchecked.

Also, perform a mass compile on the VI. Hold Ctrl - Shift and click the Run button. Control recompiles the VI, shift recompiles all sub VIs.

Save All

Hope this helps.

Certified-LabVIEW-Architect_rgb.jpgCertified_TestStand_Architect_rgb.jpg

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Bernard Books

Message 4 of 5
(4,170 Views)

Hello bsvare,

Your suggestion to mass compile helps. I mass compiled it and the problem went away. Thanks very much for your excellent insight to teststand.

yours sincerely,

hlim

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,154 Views)