From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't create a window for execution. GDI or User resources too low

2015-03-12 11_06_56-NI TestStand - Sequence Editor [Edit].png

I get this error when i try to do a single pass on my sequence.

the labview code issued involves Classes and  a lots of Vi's that are included on a Hardware Abstraction Layer

the sequence executes but i cant see anything on the screen like the pass fail data, or the trace arrow to see which step is executing.

have you guys seen this before?

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,743 Views)

You can check the GDI and USER object usage of your process in the Window's task manager (you can enable columns which will show this for all of the running processes). Is it very high? If so you might have some code which is leaking GDI or USER objects somewhere. Or do you have a lot of windows open in TestStand? If so then you could legitimately be using a lot of GDI or USER resources.

Hope this helps,

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,723 Views)

i found the problem

My labview project was loading to many Vi's. i was able to reduce the GDI objects to half.

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,687 Views)

Hi,

I am actually facing the similar issue with Teststand 2020, Can you please elaborate what you have made changes to resolve this issue. So that I can also try. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,021 Views)