NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calibration executive

I am using Calibration Executive 2.1.1 to calibrate my SCXI 1102Cs. This software has worked fine in the past but every 1102C I have tried to calibrate recently have failed to meet the -98mV criteria ( a reading of approx -8.5V is being produced). I have changed the SCXI chassis,cables and re-calibrated the PCI6034E DAQ card without success. Please advise
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,837 Views)
Hi,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments Technical Support.

The issue you're seeing is unlikely to be software based as you say the Calibration Software has worked fine in the past.

I would be inclined to think there is a problem with a hardware component. As you say you've tested multiple 1102C modules, and changed the SCXI chassis and cables then the issue may be with the DAQ card.

When you re-calibrated the DAQ card did you have it done professionally or did you run the calibration wizard in MAX? Have you tested the system with any other DAQ cards? If so which ones? How many 1102C modules have you tested? Were the modules ordered recently or are they modules which have been calibrated in this system in the past?

Please provide as much information as you can about your system. If this does turn out to be a hardware issue I will ask you to contact me at our UK office to start the RMA procedure.

Kind regards,
Sarah

Applications Engineer | National Instruments | UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,803 Views)

Hi Sarah

The 1102C modules are ones we have had for quite sometime now.  The Daq card I used calibrated OK with the 'Calibration Executive programme. I must admit that I have not tried another Daq card or PC.  Hope this information is enough for a start to the diagnosis of my problem.

Cheers

Herbie

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,798 Views)

Hi Herbie,

Are you confident your SCXI modules are working? Have you run the self test in MAX on them? Are the reading values as expected? Have you any other SCXI modules you could test in the system?

Were all the SCXI modules that failed being used in the same system? Could they have been exposed to some high voltages that damaged them? Have you checked that they haven't been set up to measure current (this is done by installing shunt resisstors)?

Sarah

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,796 Views)

Hi Sarah

I have tried five different 1102C modules. The first module passed but subsequent 1102C modules started failing on the -98mV range (a reading of approx -8.5V on the DMM). I re-tested the first module but this also failed for the same reason. I changed the various components of my system with no improvement; I then calibrated the PCI 6034E Daq card: no problems.  Does this throw any light onto the subject?

Cheers

Herbie

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,792 Views)

Hi Herbie,

I'm going to ask one of the engineers in the US to have a look at this. I would be surprised if this was an issue with your software but I want to check before I ask you to investigate you're hardware further. I will post back as soon as I hear something.

Sarah

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,786 Views)

Hi Herbie,

Try testing your system on another machine and with another DAQ card if you can.

Sarah

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,783 Views)

Hi Sarah

Thanks for the suggestion. I may not be able to try it out for awhile because the other PC's are being used. My machine has the software installed because it is used as the Labview development machine.  I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks

Herbie

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,771 Views)

Hi Sarah

I have tried 3 different PC's.  Each time I try to start the progrmme a dalogue box appears telling me that 'an unknown error has ocurred'.  At the moment my machine is the only one that will run the software.  Please keep me posted if any further solutions to my problem are sent to you.

Thanks again

Herbie

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,763 Views)
Hi Herbie,

I've checked with the US and they are fairly confident that this is probably a hardware rather then a software issue.

What calibrator and DMM are you using? Are these both in cal?
Sarah

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,752 Views)